What We Do
RCHC’s 4-Point Evidence-Based Care (EBC) program on hypertension management includes shared clinical guidelines, clinical decision support tools, sharing of best practices, and quality improvement and population health support in the form of trainings.
RCHC health centers in Sonoma County are engaged in the Hearts of Sonoma County initiative, a cardiovascular disease risk reduction initiative of the Committee for Healthcare Improvement (CHI), a committee of Health Action. The goal of the initiative is to prevent heart attacks and strokes, a leading cause of death and disability in Sonoma County, through earlier detection and better management of hypertension and other cardiovascular disease risk factors. Representatives from RCHC, West County Health Centers and Santa Rosa Community Health Centers have been engaged in the leadership of this committee since May 2014. Alexander Valley Healthcare, Petaluma Health Center, Santa Rosa Community Health and West County Health Centers are sharing clinical data for this initiative. Other primary care provider groups participating include Kaiser Permanente Medical Group of Santa Rosa, Sutter Medical Group of the Redwoods, and St. Joseph Medical Group.
Guidelines and Protocols
To access the guidelines listed below, click here:
- RCHC Hypertension Management Guideline
- Standardized Procedure for Blood Pressure Management
- Standardized Procedure for use of ACE-I & ARBs
Clinical Decision Support
Who We Serve
We serve the 13 participating health centers and over 185,000 health center patients from 5 counties: Marin, Mendocino, Napa, Sonoma, and Yolo.
Health Centers: Alexander Valley Healthcare, Anderson Valley Health Center, Coastal Health Alliance, CommuniCare Health Centers, Marin City Health and Wellness, Marin Community Clinics, OLE Health, Petaluma Health Center, Ritter Center, Santa Rosa Community Health, Sonoma Valley Community Health Center, West County Health Centers, and Winters Healthcare Foundation.
This project is funded by the Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA).
August 1, 2016 – July 31, 2019
|Hypertension – Blood Pressure Control|
- Alexander Valley Healthcare
- Anderson Valley Health Center
- Coastal Health Alliance
- CommuniCare Health Centers
- Marin City Health and Wellness
- Marin Community Clinics
- OLE Health
- Petaluma Health Center
- Ritter Center
- Santa Rosa Community Health
- Sonoma Valley Community Health Center
- West County Health Centers
- Winters Healthcare Foundation
- Health Resources and Services Administration (HRSA)
- Sonoma County Health Action and the Committee for Healthcare Improvement
For more information, please contact Michelle Rosaschi.
ALIGNMENT WITH OTHER INITIATIVES
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AND COMPANION DOCUMENTS
- Handler_2009 Accurate BP Measurement
- Jaffe, Marc, et al._Improved Blood Pressure Control Associated with a Large-Scale Hypertension Program_2013
- Ogedegbe_2010 BP Measurement