Redwood Community Health Coalition (RCHC)’s Outcome Improvement Programs use a 4-Point Evidence-Based Care (EBC) framework including four areas where RCHC and member health centers collaborate to improve population health outcomes. The EBC framework advances practice transformation through collective leadership and the implementation of evidence-based standards. RCHC’s population health programs seek to improve care and outcomes through shared clinical guidelines, greater standardization of the electronic health record and use of clinical decision support tools, sharing of best practices, and population health and quality improvement support.
RCHC’s 4-Point Evidence Based Care Programs:
- Shared Clinical Guidelines and Protocols – Agreed to by RCHC Medical Directors for each member health center.
- Clinical Decision Support and Analytics – Recalls, Alerts, Order Sets, Templates, Standard Reports.
- Shared Best Practices – Peer Network meetings and RCHC documented Promising Practices.
- Population Health and QI Support – Provider/Staff Education and Technical Assistance
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES AND COMPANION DOCUMENTS:
Cardiovascular Health (Diabetes, Hypertension and Cholesterol)
Opioid Prescribing (includes Buprenorphine Treatment Guideline)
- RCHC Opioid Prescribing Guideline Detailed (updated 11/2019)
- RCHC Opioid Prescribing Guideline Summary (updated 11/2019)
- ED Opioid Guideline 1 pager Spanish (updated 1/2017)
- ED Opioid Guideline 1 pager English (updated 1/2017)
- RCHC Buprenorphine-Naloxone Treatment Guideline (updated 5/2017)
- RCHC Dental Guidelines on Acute Pain Management (updated 5/2018)
- Chronic Conditions_Medication Monitoring GINA Pocket Guide 2022mmary (updated 9/2022)
- Screening and Interventions to Prevent Dental Caries in Children Younger Than 5 Years (updated 9/2022)
- Pediatric Preventive Care Guideline (updated 9/2022)
- Recommended Child and Adolescent Immunization Schedule (updated 9/2022)
- Screening for Chlamydia and Gonorrhea (updated 9/2022)
- Screening for Depression in Children and Adolescents Standard of Care on Screening for Childhood Lead Poisoning (updated 9/2022)
- Standard of Care on Screening for Childhood Lead Poisoning (updated 9/2022)
RN Standardized Procedure Templates
Expand for templates
- Standardized Procedure for Blood Pressure Management
- Standardized Procedure for Management of Type 2 Diabetes
- Use of Aspirin for Management of Patients at High Risk for Cardiovascular Events
- Use of Angiotensin-converting-enzyme Inhibitors and Angiotensin Receptor Antagonists for Management of Patients at High Risk for Cardiovascular Events
- Use of Statins for Management of Patients at High Risk for Cardiovascular Events (updated 12/19/17)
Please note that templates were last updated 4/2018 unless otherwise noted. RCHC will not be making ongoing updates to templates.