May 3, 2019: PHASE Health Coaching:
By the end of the training, participants will be able to:
- 1) Describe the evidence for using health coaching to improve health outcomes and increase patient satisfaction with their health care experience.
- 2) Utilize reflective inquiry and active listening skills to facilitate understanding of clients’ personal health needs.
- 3) Assist clients to make behavioral change through goal setting, informed discernment and shared decision making.
- 4) Identify the essential steps to medication reconciliation using the health coaching model.
- 5) Employ strategies to improve medication adherence.
- 6) Set the agenda for encounters which allows for both patient and coach’s concerns to be addressed.
- 7) Demonstrate best practices for developing an effective, patient-centered action plan.
- 8) Give the rational for assessing patients with chronic illness for mental illness using an evidence-based tool.
Time: 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Contact: Kelly Bond